About Our School
A.H. Roberts Elementary School
A.H. Roberts Elementary School, named after former governor Albert Houston Roberts of Livingston, was built in 1987. It was established after consolidation of Livingston Kindergarten, Alpine, Livingston, and Monroe Elementary Schools. The school is located on the former campus of Livingston Academy. The Roberts family donated the land to establish the old Academy. In 2001, a new playroom and four new classrooms were added to help accommodate the growth of the school.
We will make a commitment to looking continuously for new ways to help all students achieve at higher levels.
A.H. Roberts seeks to enhance learning by supporting the following beliefs:
- A competent, caring and highly qualified staff who strive to teach by example
- A creative, comprehensive, and effective curriculum will be utilized
- All students can learn, achieve, and succeed
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process
- Instructional practices and a variety of assessment measures should be utilized
- Learning is enhanced when the decision making process involves the parents, students, teachers and community
- The educational process of students at A.H. Roberts will follow local, state, and national policies and objectives and will be data driven.